On indifference

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Fri Jan 29 18:06:14 PST 2010

I am with Peggy. And it may be that the American understanding of
"indifference" is rather different than the literal meaning of the word. For
us (US) "indifference" means not to care, no difference. It is not about
tolerance, lack of attachment -- just means I don't care. That to me is just
the opposite of what happens in OS. People do care, and there is passion and
often conflict as the objects of caring get in the way of each other. But
when the space is sufficient, conflict works out in useful ways. Sometimes
it isn't pretty, but it always seems to work, and is surely better than any
alternative I have come across.

ho

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Dr.
Potomac, MD 20854
USA
Phone 301-365-2093
www.openspaceworld.com
www.ho-image.com (Personal Website)
To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of
oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu: