Self Organizing System at Work

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.org
Thu Feb 18 09:42:57 PST 2010

After a long "professional" career of over 45 years in what seems to
have been "change" as student body organizer, coop organizer, community
organizer, union organizer, OD consultant, etc. etc. and more recently
15 years as facilitator of OS-events I am pretty sure that I did not
change anything and certainly nothing one might call sustainable change,
which, come to think of it, is a real oxymoron anyway.
What I managed to get a hold on is to drop all ideas around me creating,
causing, initiating etc. etc. change with the result of being much
happier and much more effective in what I think is  a contribution I am
making. And it is not about enabling systems, either. Its simply
focusing on expanding the prerequisites for self organisation in systems
I am involved in.
When I say "its simply", I realize that "expanding the prerequisites for
self organisation" does work well in "structured" processes where I
touch base with various steps (contact meeting, planning meeting...and
after that its pretty much self-running).
One thing, for instance, that I never do is to write a proposal or a
formal offer for my services. I insist, yep insist, to have a contact
meeting with the system interested in working a business issue. No fee
for that. That insistence alone keeps about half of the potential
"clients" away. The contact meetings evolve into a contract about half
of the time (the potential client has come to the conclusion that
getting into the world of selforganisation is not his cup of tea).
So that boils down to 75% work saved.
As you all know I could go on forever on this...have a great day.
Greetings from Berlin...lets continue this discussion in length and
depth and face to face at other occasions as for instance at the WOSonOS
in Berlin this May
mmp

--
Michael M Pannwitz, boscop eg
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
mmpanne at boscop.org
www.boscop.org

Check out the Open Space World Map presently showing 391 resident Open
Space Workers in 66 countries working in a total of 139 countries worldwide
Have a look:
www.openspaceworldmap.org