requests and invitations; NVC and OST

Michael Herman michael at michaelherman.com
Tue Dec 21 14:39:33 PST 2010

something to do with expectation of the demander/requester/inviter, raffi.
something to do with their certainty about what is going to happen as a
result of their req/inv.  that is, the certainty about what the other
person/people will do in response, and what i as requester/inviter will do.
a request doesn't demand, i suppose, but an invitation doesn't demand,
doesn't expect, and doesn't even know what the response could be... or what
i'll do whenever it might come.  something about an invitation wherein we
give life over to one or more others, and then we don't figure out who we
will be next until we see who they are/become.  at least that is how it
sometimes seems to me.  m

--

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates