SV: Happy Birthday Dad!

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Thu Dec 2 14:40:04 PST 2010

Big big happy B-day too, from me dear HO

As many others have said, Open Space Technology changed my life too
 Left my
job 10+ years ago and opened space many many times since then (lost count at
about 200 some years ago) and still open space every time and place I can. I
trained probably a couple of hundred to use OST too, and I hear stories
every now and then about the difference they are making out there
 Wow, we
do make a difference!

I very much like what has been written already in many of the wonderful
postings. Some quotes I use very often include:

* Anyone with a good head and a good hearth can do it

* When you enter that circle you are holding those peoples lives in your
hands

* Find one more thing not to do.

and I love your storytelling – just came to my mind a story about someone
who phoned you in the middle of the night “screaming”: It works, it works
(just “did” his 1st Open Space). I love that story and appreciate all
stories you share continuously – and even more how you do it! True or not,
as you often say J - good they are!

I had the pleasure of hosting Practice of Peace with you here in Sweden on
your 70th Birthday a few years back. I bet you never had a pizza like that
before, or after!

I cannot say how grateful I am so I bow deeply and appreciatively

Best wishes for your B-day

Thomas Herrmann, Sweden