Questions about size of room

Jennifer Hurley JLHurley at hfadesign.com
Thu Dec 16 09:46:31 PST 2010

Hello everyone!  First, thank you for all of the wonderful OS insight
everyone on this list brings.  I¹ve been a mostly lurker for a few years and
have learned lots from all of you.

Now to my questions ­ I¹m planning my first large OS (we¹re expecting about
800 people, and previously, the largest group I¹ve done OS with is about
100).  I¹m having trouble figuring out some of the logistics.  I saw an
estimate on this list that you should plan for 2-3² of wall space per
person, which would suggest at least 133¹ for my group of 800.  Is that
estimate just for the topic wall, or does it include space for the notes as
well? I also found a wonderful tool from Koos de Heer, Auryn management
advies. (http://www.auryn.nl/) for estimating how many chairs will fit in a
circle of a given dimension, but does anyone know how to estimate the number
of chairs what will fit in an oval of a certain dimension?

As soon as I can find the time, I¹m going to write you all the story of how
this OS came about ­ it¹s been a slow simmering process over at least 7
years!

Thanks,
Jennifer Hurley
HURLEY~FRANKS & ASSOCIATES
1500 Walnut St STE 504  |  Philadelphia, PA 19102
p: 215-988-9440  |  f: 215-988-9441  |  c: 267-971-4598
JLHurley at hfadesign.com  |  http://www.hfadesign.com
Certified WDBE through PA UCP, City of Philadelphia OEO, and NJ UCP