Open Space Technology

Elisabeth Tepper elitepperk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 07:10:08 PST 2010

Dear friends:
I am very happy to report on a "mini-OST-meeting".
It has been very hard for me to introduce OST in Venezuela... but maybe this
is about to change!  I believe it is one of the most powerful meetings an
organization can use to enhance the wisdom in the people, and let it flow
in magnificent and maybe scary directions.
As part of a course I am taking on facilitation, come friends and I decided
to work on a subject with OST.  We only had 2hours for our presentation, I
was kind of reluctant, but Nilda one of my friends has worked with OST (with
Henri Lipmanowicz in Venezuela) and she pushed me over the border!!!  I am
very grateful to her for this... she was my co-facilitator.
I had spent a couple of hours before the meeting with our "client" (one of
us), her issue was on improving service quality in Venezuela, so after going
over the preparatory meeting we came up with the following theme:  "What do
you want to live as a client in Venezuela and what can you do?"  We thought
it would be an interesting theme to give Lilian (client) some information
for her issue.
As we didn't have enough time... we would only have one slot of time for the
meeting.  We thought maybe five groups would form!  and we had to control
(very unlike OST, hahahaha) the timing... so we had a card under our sleeve,
our 4th team member would initiate the topics if necessary.
So this is what happened: we had 16 people in the room, and once the space
was open for posting the topics, we had 12!!!!!! topics... You don't know
how exciting that was!  people just jumped into the circle and started
posting their topics.
Aha!  Oh no!!!!  We didn't have enough space and time for all the
conversations... so we improvised, we asked the group to go to the market
place and choose which were the topics they would really like to participate
in!  This left us with 7 topics... 6 reports, and great information for our
client.  Those reports were shared with the whole group, one of the givens
is that the information is public.  Not only can Lilian use it, but they
could also start their own projects if they felt the passion to do so.
Aha!  The theme was important!  Very important and a powerful motivator.
Oh no!!! or Aha!!  Be ready to be surprised!
I want to acknowledge the strength and support I receive from all of you!
My vision is of having OST and the Genuine Contact Program go straight into
the hearts and work of many many people!!
With love and hoping you enjoy a Happy Holiday!
Elisabeth
[image: images.jpg]

--
*E**lisabeth **T**epper **K**ofod*
Genuine Contact(TM) Professional & Co-owner
elitepperk at gmail.com
58 212 986 4254
58 416 424 7359
58 424 256 5855