OST Prefix in subject lines

Justin T. Sampson justin at krasama.com
Fri Aug 6 19:16:01 PDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 7:11 AM, Sheri Herndon <sheri at speakeasy.org> wrote:

> This is a rather mundane list question but I'm wondering if anyone can tell
> me how I can get the OST prefix to return to the subject lines in the emails
> that come to this list?  It used to be there and I could organize them in my
> overflowing inbox easily.  Now they are not easily trackable.  Is there a
> way to turn that back on?  I thought it was something the list admin did and
> not something the individual does.  Is there a list admin on this list or
> someone who knows?

It can definitely be set individually. I believe the basic idea is to go to
the OSLIST "archives" page:

And then click on the "Join or leave the list (or change settings)" link.

Enter your email address and name and make sure "LISTSERV-style, with list
name in subject" is selected for "Mail Header Style", and then click "Join
OSLIST" button.

Then check your email for a "Command request confirmation" email, which have
a link for you to click on.

 I *think* that should do the trick, but I'm not a list admin so I'm not
absolutely sure.

Cheers,
Justin