OS to engage the whole child?

Elizabeth Phillips ephillips at cdicdc.org
Mon Apr 26 10:03:08 PDT 2010

Hi Valerie-

I am also interested in this idea too.  I work with after school
programs and we have been adding OST (and other methods) to our program
repertoire.  Some centers have started using the principles & law as a
way of establishing equity during center meetups and making sure the
children's voices are heard, while others are using it to create
developmentally appropriate projects.

The biggest challenge to date has been changing the adults' paradigm.
They are used to teaching and directing so it is a bit of a shift to
move towards the role of the adult as a provocateur and facilitator.

ElizaBeth