Brian Bainbridge Memorial Scholarship

Caitlin Frost caitlin.frost at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 08:03:26 PDT 2010

Thank you so much for holding this space to continue Brian's participation
in OsonOs Lisa and all involved.

We are heading off to Australia tomorrow and our family will be attending
the one day OsonOs in Melbourne holding Brian in our hearts.  We have such
fond memories of our family participation in San Fran OsonOs with Brian and
Lisa and so many others.

Will contact you directly with a family contribution to the fund.

love Caitlin.

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 1:39 AM, Jo Toepfer <jotoepfer at boscop.org> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> the organising team for the WOSonOS 2010 in Berlin feels privileged to
> contribute to the Brian Bainbridge Memorial Scholarship. Our contribution
> for the moment: free participation for the awarded person. We can't wait to
> hear the name of the person who deserved it.
>
> Greetings from Berlin
> Jo
> ******************************
> Lisa Heft schrieb:
>
>>  *
>> / Hello all --  /
>>

>> I want those of you who were unable to receive OSLIST messages in February
>> to know the sad news of Brian's passing.  And also to know that there is a
>> scholarship project going on right now in his honor.  This first section
>> shares the news of his passing (do look in the archive to see as people
>> shared their thoughts and memories - or add some of your own), and following
>> that, a description of the scholarship project. Thank you all and I see you
>> in all of our work, Brian.... - Lisa
>>
>> _________________________
>>
>> Father Brian Bainbridge passed away in his sleep, early morning on
>> Tuesday, February 2, 2010. It was a sad surprise to us all - in fact, he
>> just sent out an Open Space OZ newsletter the evening before. Some of us
>> know him by sitting with him at WOSonOSs around the world, as he shared his
>> stories and learnings of using Open Space everywhere from the World Bank to
>> his church parish community. Most recently he joined some of his
>> international friends at WOSonOS 2009 in Taiwan. Some know him by reading
>> his book, 'The New Parish Priest. Some of us know him by sharing a few
>> glasses of lovely red wine and an evening's thoughts about Open Space, and
>> about life.*
>> *
>>
>> ___________/and a message from Viv McWaters about our
>> project/______________
>> /
>> The other day I had lunch with Brendan McKeague and Andrew Rixon to
>> discuss the future of the Open Space Institute in Australia. I'm sure many
>> of you are aware that Brian Bainbridge WAS the Open Space Institute in Oz
>> and we'd like to honour his contribution by continuing the OSI.
>>
>> Also at lunch was Brian's friend and executor of his will, John Grace. I
>> asked John if he thought Brian's parish had any idea what he did when he
>> wasn't there. Not surprisingly, he answered 'no'. He also told us the story
>> of how the locals who were short of cash and wanted a hand-out from the
>> church would wait till the office staff had gone home and would knock on
>> Brian's door - even very late at night. No-one ever went away empty handed.
>> So I think Brian would be chuffed to know that there's a scholarship in his
>> name to enable someone to attend this year's World Open Space on Open Space
>> in Berlin, someone who wouldn't be able to otherwise.
>>
>> This scholarship is being coordinated this year by Lisa Heft (aka the
> [...]

If you really knew how beautiful you are,
you would fall at your own feet.
Byron Katie.

CAITLIN M FROST
Coaching, Facilitation, Project Management,
Certified Facilitator - The Work of Byron Katie
Principal - Harvest Moon Consultants Ltd.