Open Space and political parties

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Wed Apr 21 07:21:05 PDT 2010

Hi, all -

(Carol said she was approached by a political party to use OS in their
policy development process both inside the party and with the general
public)

As I recall the San Francisco Green Party used OS some years ago, and
our dear colleague Kerry Napuk mentioned that OS was used for a
subgroup of the Scottish Parliament, if I'm not mistaken.  And I
consulted on an Open Space the President of Timor-Leste (East Timor)
convened to bring together government agencies and NGOs (non-profit /
civil society) agencies.

To my mind, there is nothing that is different, no matter who are the
participants (politicians, educators, mothers, young people) - do the
same good, thoughtful complete Open Space, explaining the principles
and law in the same, thoughtful ways, doing your pre-work and
planning, designing and providing for a useful participant
documentation element, and ensuring a long enough meeting time is
available for the specific outcomes / deliverables you hope for (not
squishing it into too short a space).

They are lucky to have you, Carol,
Lisa

Lisa Heft
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
Opening Space
lisaheft at openingspace.net
www.openingspace.net

Ask me about the Open Space Learning Workshops - April 21-23 and
December 15-17, 2010 - San Francisco
October 15-17, 2010 - Medellin, Colombia