First Time!

doug os at footprintsinthewind.com
Tue Apr 20 07:05:43 PDT 2010

Jenifer--

I love your energy for this project. You are bringing just what people
need to feel. It will work out well.

If you poke around the oslist archives you will find that this question
has been faced on several occasions, and might learn from some
accumulated wisdom there. My own take on it is if they do not have the
energy to clear their schedules to come, or if they are distracted, then
their questions will tend to be head questions. Someone once said on
this list that what we need in an inviting question for an OS is
something that moves down past heart to gut level. So at best I think
you'll be wasting your time and theirs, and their questions won't hit
the gut level of the people who actually do come--the ones who need to
make your OS sing.

Perhaps it might help to notice where this desire to get questions ahead
of the event is originating. Is it coming from our fear, as
facilitators, that people will not be able to come up with their own
live questions on the day? That they need some priming? Others have said
to trust the process; I say to trust the people. Including yourself.

It will work out fine.

As the man in the hat says, Think of one less thing to do.

			:- Doug.