OSLIST Digest - 15 Apr 2010 (#2010-89)

Diane Gibeault diane.gibeault at rogers.com
Fri Apr 16 08:58:51 PDT 2010

Hi Ralph,

 The shorter the time for discussion rounds, the less likely communications will open at a deeper level and therefore the less opportunity for closer relationships to develop which is in my view one of the most valuable outcome of OS because when people get to the point of being enthusiastic about working together, they are equipped to find the answers together to the challenges that are before them.

I agree with you about making short OS events an exception or using them as an introduction to longer ones to come if we cannot convince the group to at least 4 hours like you say or more.

Like Larry, I also don't call those short events Open Space especially when it's for a broad public or like Suzanne, I qualify it as an adaptation or a taste if OS when it's a smaller intact group that is open to exploring more of it.

It's very important not to encourage the demand for more short and sweet interventions that generally keep things as they are - not much can change. Also important not to create a misconception of OS and undervalue its powerful potential when done in all its simplicity and its integrity.

Diane