Demo OS in 90 minutes?

Anne A Hiha anne_a_hiha at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 15 14:34:56 PDT 2010

Hi Annamarie
I had thought of doing something like this some years ago with a group who were exploring alternative meeting forms. We had thought that rather than see each meeting as an event we could run an 'event' over a number of months. They worked on a focus for about 6 months so the theme could be based on the focus for that time. But in the planning it all got rather complicated - I was new to OS in those days - and then I left the job so I am not sure where they went with it.
It seems that it could work. You would need a mindful reminder each week of why they were there, and openness to new topics. After the first week you could do 2 sessions possibly, planning and evaluation could slot in appropriately.
I have always loved the idea of short moments of time in OS that are mindfully part of a whole event and whether that is over a continuous event or with other parts of life between the potential is exciting.
Regards
Anne