Demo OS in 90 minutes?

Michael Pannwitz michael.pannwitz at boscop.org
Thu Apr 15 07:59:32 PDT 2010

Dear Annamarie,

for our weekly meetings of the berlin open space cooperative we (all
remembering open space well ;) open the space silently recalling the
opening. Then issues come up pretty quick... However most of the time we do
meet for more than 90 minutes and have just extended the meetings from three
to six hours and whoever shows up... and sometimes like this week we even
miss the silent opening and chaos emerges with everyone working, cooking,
going to meetings with clients in a nearby street Café enjoying the spring
sun...

PS. I believe once people have experienced an open space or maybe a number
of them - everyone can shift into that mode for meetings if you have an
agreement to do so and hold the space together... at least this is what we
try on a regular basis ;)

All the best with your experiment,

Michael

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Annamarie Pluhar <
annamarie at pluharconsulting.com> wrote:

> Hoping this gets through... I tried to send a few days ago...
>

> Hi all,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has opened space for a 90-minute session? And if
> so, how'd it go? I'm thinking it would take 20-30 minutes before groups
> started talking, so there may be time for one session? Closing circle of 15
> minutes?  It seems too short to me. I'm asking because I'm considering
> proposing OS for a group that meets once a month of between 20-40 people.
>
> Harrison will say go for it.  I'm wondering whether anyone has.
>
> Thanks!
>

> Annamarie Pluhar
>
> Pluhar Consulting
> Results through effective group process