Where did 2 1/2 days come from?

Pat Black patoitextiles at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 12:45:35 PDT 2010

The number of days you meet depends on your group, their purpose and how
they feel most comfortable expressing.  I meet with a group annually for 10
years here and we meet for 2.5 days for years and it was never enough.  We
were primarily artists and found that 5 days worked much better for our
purposes.  We explored questions through experimentation with different art
mediums and different genres.  The conversations come much more slowly and
2.5 days was never enough to respond to another's art conversation with
another art conversation so 5 days allowed us more time.  One complete
conversation in clay takes at the very least 2.5 days  if you are lucky and
nothing blows up in the kiln.  I think other mediums and genres have the
same limitations.  What I love about 5 days is that it is enough time for
you to forget that there is another world that doesn't work in open space
ways.
Pat Black