NY OS SIG (Stammtisch) last night

Esther Matte ematte at excellence.ca
Wed Apr 7 10:42:51 PDT 2010

Hello everyone!

We had once again a great informal gathering! Weather was nice, opened
windows let the spring air join us, food and service were great as was the
company :-)

Eight of us showed up, about half of which were new people. We talked about
the Law of 2 feet and how the younger generations use it and react to Open
Space and its language. How the principles and the law feel so right, even
in our private lives. We agreed on the importance for the facilitator of
letting go and trusting the group and the process. Then we had a great
conversation about our consulting practices or employment status with
differences and joys of both. Two people were in Organizational Development
masters programs: one at Case Western (Appreciative Inquiry oriented of
course) and one at AU/NTL. Talked about programs and cohorts, which was
informative. The AU/NTL student is looking for an organization to work with,
pro bono, for her last practicum. If you have any suggestions, please feel
free to send an e-mail and I'll forward it.

I had brought a couple of interesting books I've recently read: Theory U (C.
Otto Scharmer), A Whole New Mind (Daniel H. Pink) and Appreciative Inquiry
for Collaborative Solutions: 21 Strength-Based Workshops (Robyn
Stratton-Berkessel).

We parted around 8:45, after an informative and inspiring evening with great
connections. Our next gathering will be in June, and I'll of course send out
an invitation to all of you. Thanks to all who came, and until next time,
have fun, live fully and learn in your work as well as in your personal life
:-)

Cheers!

Esther Matte

Discover - Engage - Accomplish

 <http://www.esthermatte.com> www.esthermatte.com

New York: 212-755-0551

Montreal: 450-583-5849

PS. If you wish to remove your name from this list, please simply inform me
by e-mail. Thank you!