Survey on dialogue work

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Mon Sep 28 12:14:47 PDT 2009

[Hi, folks - Here is a survey currently being conducted - I will guess
that it also pertains to you and your work if problems-solutions or
deliberations-decisions is not the reason for all of your dialogue
work. In fact that may inform the survey in a more diverse way.  A lot
of the survey feels very America-centered but many of us work
internationally, whether we reside in America or not - so I encourage
you to participate for greater diversity of thought and experience
gathered in this particular survey - as I am guessing it will inform
not just America-based dialogue work but be utilized by others around
the world to be about dialogue work in general. I do not know more
about this, so: for more information see the survey link below - and
thank you for sharing it with your other colleagues in the world of
facilitation and dialogue - Lisa]

  ____________________________

The survey is up at https://opinio.lafayette.edu:443/opinio/s?s=1176

Survey of Dialogue and Deliberation Practitioners

Will you help us to learn more about the field of dialogue and
deliberation-- and possibly win a cash prize for your favorite
charitable organization?

The field of public dialogue and deliberation is growing
dramatically-- so dramatically, in fact, that no one fully knows what
the field looks like:

- who is doing public dialogue and deliberation work,
- what forms their work is taking,
- what common challenges they face,
- how they would like to see the field develop.

We are two sociologists who want to find answers to those questions by
asking you, the experts.

We believe that your insights will help to strengthen the field, and
we plan to share whatever information we learn. The survey at the link
below will take about 15 to 30 minutes to complete. Your answers will
be anonymous, but if you complete the survey we will enter a
charitable organization of your choice in a raffle for a $200 donation
-- a small token of our appreciation for your participation.

Thanks in advance for your help in making the survey a success!

Francesca Polletta and Caroline Lee

https://opinio.lafayette.edu:443/opinio/s?s=1176

Caroline Lee may also be reached at: leecw at lafayette.edu

Lisa Heft
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
Opening Space
lisaheft at openingspace.net
www.openingspace.net

Join me for the Open Space Learning Workshop
December 9-11, San Francisco