[Fwd: Calling for Online Hosting Team volunteers for the 2009 World AI Conference!]]

Robyn Stratton-Berkessel robyn at positivematrix.com
Wed Sep 23 04:54:22 PDT 2009

Dear OST Colleagues,

I forward the following for those of you who may be interested.

If you can't make it to Nepal for the 2009 International Appreciative Inquiry
conference, you may already have heard, an Online
Conference will be taking place in tandem with the face-to-face
conference and we need your help to make it a success!

Imagine Nepal and the Online Conference Team are delighted to be
offering this exciting opportunity for those of us who, for reasons of
distance or other commitments, are unable to take part in the
face-to-face conference in Nepal, but who still want to participate in
this exciting event.

Visit the Online Conference home page (
http://2009worldaiconference.org/online/
<http://2009worldaiconference.org/online/>) for more information and
register now!

*ONLINE HOSTS WANTED!*

Volunteers are needed to act as “online hosts” for the Online
Conference. We need 24 hour coverage so invite you, wherever you live
across the globe, to consider offering your services.
/Hosting duties will be divided into two (2) hour blocks, so we need you
to be able to offer a minimum of two hours at some point during the
conference./

/*What are the benefits of volunteering?*/

    * Receive /*support and training*/ in the virtual conference
      environment, prior to the conference itself;
    * Become part of a /*global network*/ of volunteers, all of whom
      share your interest in Appreciative Inquiry;
    * Gain /*personal and professional recognition */across the AI
      Community; and
    * If you can act as an online host for /*six (6) hours or more*/
      over the four days of the conference, you will receive a /*50%
      discount on virtual conference registration*/!
      (These hours will not have to be contributed in one block, but can
      be spread out in two-hour time slots over the four days)

/*What do online hosts do?

*/Online hosts, just like good hosts anywhere:

    * Help visitors feel welcome;
    * Assist them to find their way around, highlighting for them any
      items of particular interest;
    * Invite them to participate in particular activities or events;
    * Answer any questions that arise for them during their stay;
    * Help with introductions, as required; and
    * Generally make sure everyone has a great time!

As a volunteer, you will therefore be asked to:

    * Participate in pre-conference training in using the conference space;
    * Become familiar with content of the virtual conference; and
    * Provide support for participants, as appropriate to your volunteer
      role

We invite you to volunteer for one or more 2-hour hosting time slots
over the four conference days.
Your role will require you to provide basic navigation support to
participants and "content guidance" as outlined above.
You do not need to have extensive knowledge of Appreciative Inquiry. You
can be a "lead learner", discovering Appreciative Inquiry for yourself
while helping other participants on the same journey.
We will need approximately 20 to 30 volunteers, depending on what
proportion of time each can provide.

/*Registration discounts:*/
Over the four days of the Virtual Conference online hosts who can
contribute six (6) or more hours will receive a 50% discount on their
registration for the online conference.
/*
Process for obtaining a discount:*/
Once you schedule at least 6 hours of volunteer time with our online
host coordinator, Sue James (see below for her details), we will provide
you with a discount code that you will use during the registration
process to obtain your 50% discount.
(Note: If you are unable to complete your 6 hours over the event, you
will be charged for the additional 50%).

/*Expressions of interest:*/
Email Sue James at aihosts2009 at bjseminars.com.au
<mailto:aihosts2009 at bjseminars.com.au>   by Monday 5 October if you would
like to offer your services as an on-line host for the AI Virtual
Conference.

We hope you will accept this invitation and submit your expression of
interest now!

Regards
Sue James
Virtual Conference Planning Team