A new topic and request

Katia katia at propellor.be
Mon Nov 30 00:26:37 PST 2009

I opened space last summer for a group of 350. My colleague and I spent
quite some time before we found a good way of arranging the circle. To test
our ideas, we actually role-played sitting on the back row, and feeling if
we were compelled contribute. Some settings felt better (more open) than
others.

To my surprise, it didn't matter so much to have one more row of chairs
between me and the center. But what did make a difference, was whether I
would have to pass a lot of people next to me, before I can enter the
center.

We finally made four concentric circles. We made sure that people could
easily walk to the center of the space, wherever they sat. So to achieve
that, we left a corridor every 5th chair (so you get blocks of 4 rows x 5
chairs).

Enjoy!

Katia