re Honouring Each Other

Kathie Wallace kathieace at LYCOS.COM
Sun Nov 29 10:27:16 PST 2009

Hi Michael,
In a book,"Open Mind/Whole Mind", Bob Samples lists 19 "senses" that I would
call 19 intelligences. One of my challenges is how to hold space for all of
them! :-)
Kathie

Dear Michael M,

The "forbidding" aspect of a space with this many listeners for me had
nothing to do with the "size" of people taking up the space as it did
the pure size of the group and the number of listeners who felt like
strangers. True, the power and value of the content and the contributors
raised a high bar, but it's certainly not because it seemed to me like
anyone was "hogging" the space. If anything, this is an amazingly
welcoming group for its size and I'm certain it's because of the Open
Space principles. I could also see that questions were always warmly
received and answered, but I still felt after I joined that I'd better
have a really good question to post before I dared to do so.

It makes it a lot easier for me to post now that I've been in actual
Open Space events with a number of the active contributors. In some
ways, the OpenSpaceWorld.ning.com site also makes it easier to post -
because over there I can see a lot of your faces and it's easier to feel
the humanity of many of those posting - as well as being in smaller
circle conversations. Like they say in writing and speaking classes,
know your audience. It just takes more time with a group with 600+
listeners.

Harold