Power, hierarchy and OS

Jon Harvey jon at jonharveyassociates.co.uk
Fri Nov 27 02:01:04 PST 2009

Linda

Thank you!

This is wonderful! The video and the report and, crucially, your words below
are inspiring. As you requested, I have posted this on the OS list on your
behalf. With your permission – I will post this on the iCoCo forum as well –
so that the network of community cohesion practitioners can access all of it
too. Would that be OK with you? Or if you wish – you can join – it is open
to all – and post it yourself....?

Thank you for affirming for me – what I knew to be true – that OS would work
fabulously in the domain of community cohesion. Although I do note in your
list of attendees there do not appear to be any ‘ordinary citizens’ – in
other words people who were not activists or politicians or officers – but
people with a concern (perhaps hitherto unexpressed in public forum) about
their neighbourhood and its cohesion etc. Or have I got this wrong? Are you
able to speculate on what might have happened had such people being present?

The reason I ask is I am wondering how open space might be used not only to
learn from experiences and build plans for the future (as it has done in
your case very well) from amongst the existing players – but how it might
also be used to actually build community cohesion itself... What do you (or
anyone else reading this) think?

I loved the story of the tree planting in the report, by the way.

Thank you again – and let’s stay in touch.

Very best wishes

Jon

___

Jon Harvey

Director

"  <http://www.jonharveyassociates.co.uk/> www.jonharveyassociates.co.uk

( +44 (0) 7771 537535

( +44 (0) 1280 822585

›   <mailto:jon at jonharveyassociates.co.uk> jon at jonharveyassociates.co.uk

JHAL Logo Sep 09

Helping you connect the prose and the passion

to deliver superlative results

 <http://smallcreativeideas.blogspot.com/>
http://smallcreativeideas.blogspot.com/  for ideas about how to improve
public & third sector services

 <http://jonharveyassociates.blogspot.com/>
http://jonharveyassociates.blogspot.com/ for articles & ideas about
leadership and organisational change

 <http://twitter.com/JonSHarvey> http://twitter.com/JonSHarvey for ideas and
questions to help build a more creative, fair and ambitious world

Jon Harvey Associates Ltd

Registered Office: Chandos House, School Lane, Buckingham, MK18 1HD

Company Number 6661588. VAT Registration Number 936 2921 11

ü Please consider the environment before printing this email. Thank you.