OSonOS paris 2009 update

Artur Silva arturfsilva at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 22 07:49:02 PST 2009

Christine:

Congratulations for the event that I couldn't attend, as the dates coincided with a very bad working period for me.

Are the proceedings of the event available through the net (or other way)? There are some topics that interest me very much.

As I have already said, I wonder if the words "first European gathering" are appropriate, even if I understand that it was trans-national and with people mostly from Europe.

First, WOSonOS has its credibility as the location for the following 2 years, is decided in previous WOSonOS. So from where comes the credibility for an EOSonOS?

Second, in my view the first European OSonOS was held 9 years ago, as a session of OSonOS in Berlin. There, a bunch of European participants, from about 8 different countries, tried to create an OST European Network, that afterwards did not worked.

I am glad to see that conditions have changed and countries that were not present at that time (like France or Italy) have now an OST presence that, at least in the case of France, is strong.

But I think that a really first EOSonOS must be arranged to be held in the future, with the support of all or most of OS(T) I’s in Europe.

WOSonOS in Berlin, next May, is probably the good moment to discuss that. Maybe we can both jointly propose a session on that matter? Or any others indeed…

Congratulations and votes of success for you, OST in France and OST in Europe.

Artur