re honouring each other

Phelim McDermott phelim at mac.com
Sat Nov 21 23:28:45 PST 2009

Harold

our interactions be if we really knew and felt the size of the virtual
room we were speaking to. Those who are silent would be so much more
present in their silence. We would see people using their two feet as
they left.. (i left and came back by the way!  Did you notice the
strength of my emotional response? ) And we would feel the excitement
in the space between us as things shifted.  Politeness would not  be
something we remember or forget but a diffferent kind of edge we have
to cross because the whole group would be holding that dynamic and
differentiation in an aware way... Perhaps.

At the moment I have to work hard to remember and imagine all who are
really here.

When will computers include the felt sense of our interactions and
when will we grow awareness of those missing signals online?

Somewhere we can't imagine it yet but until we develop this capacity
online communication is going to be incomplete and missing Spirit.

Here's to imagining and remembering what might be .. Being said in the
silence!

An invitation to speak up perhaps.. I don't know

This is the only way I can find into this conversation!

Phelim

Sent from my iPhone