Come join us at Open Space Technology World Community Ning site!!

Harold Shinsato harold at shinsato.com
Wed Nov 18 08:54:52 PST 2009

Michael,

Thanks so much for the background and for all the work you've done in
the past in support of OST. The openspaceworld.org site was helpful when
I was first getting into OST trying to figure out how to learn it, how
to use it, and more.

I just did a google search in the U.S. for "Open Space", and
openspaceworld.org is #1. I did a search for "Open Space Technology" and
again, openspaceworld.org is #1. Maybe this changes daily!

I'm excited to hear that you've been open to the ideas to start shifting
the site towards more open standards, and ways that things can be
improved. It's easy to find places things could be better - and I could
rattle of bunches very easily - but it's critical to also appreciate
what we have and how far it's taken us.

I hope that Kaliya's communication style can be listened to with
"Giraffe Ears" (an idea from Non-Violent Communication), and that
everyone's mistakes can be let go as we move forward in this. I'm very
excited about all the possibilities that can unfold with this heightened
engagement. This Open Space philosophy seems to be getting more relevant
to me each day, and not just in the OSList and other places we inhabit.

    Harold

P.S. I need to thank Kaliya here too. My attraction to Open Space was
through the idea of BarCamp - and Kaliya helped show me that Open Space
was the way to go - and she introduced me to the wonderful Lisa Heft who
gave me a mini sesssion on OST at the Internet Identity Workshop in
Mountain View, CA that Kaliya was facilitating - which then led me to
eventually take one of Lisa's most excellent trainings in Open Space
facilitation. And I wouldn't have been at the IIW if Kaliya hadn't been
at JavaOne facilitating an open space there.

P.P.S. I'm not sure how helpful this is, but the OpenSocial internet
standard is something that's helping all these social networking sites
be interoperable - and NING supports OpenSocial. I know NING isn't
perfect, but it's better than some.