The new Ning community - some central questions

Holger Nauheimer (Change Facilitation) holger at CHANGE-FACILITATION.ORG
Wed Nov 18 03:16:12 PST 2009

Therese

>I am stunned to read your statement, Holger, that OS people don't like to
>change.  OS is change.

I don't think that OS itself is change but OS can
initiate/facilitate/catalyze change effectively. With regards to
changeability, I have my experiences. It is not only OS folks but change
practitioners in general. Maybe there is a geographical difference between
Europe and the rest of the world (in a positive and negative sense, we are
the museum of the world).

When I presented the opportunities of virtual collaboration to the German
speaking Large Group Facilitation community in early 2009, there was some
very strong resistance to adopting new media as a complement to what we are
doing already - a tool for facilitating global collaboration processes.

Yesterday, I invited the members of the German mailing list to join the Ning
group but the reaction was more like "not another tool - Web 2.0 is
superficial - I prefer to meet in person". Maybe you don't have these
experiences in North America (and definitely you won't find these in Asia).

It is good to see the Ning group growing so quickly - and the German
subgroup as well :)