[OSLIST] Come join us at Open Space Technology World Community Ning site!!

Holger Nauheimer (Change Facilitation) holger at CHANGE-FACILITATION.ORG
Tue Nov 17 11:39:06 PST 2009

Which community leaders do you like to follow? Those who shout the loudest
or those who serve the community?

Which tools do you like to use? Those which serve a purpose or those which
are built according to standards that somebody from outside the community
has defined?

Which places do you like to visit? Those at which you meet friends or those
at which the truth is enshrined?

One of my old beliefs has always been - if a process works, use it. If it
does not work, use a different one.

Folks, the World Wide Web is just 16 years old (really!!). How much have we
advanced since then in collaborating cross borders. It is still in its
infant stage, and the tools we use today won't be used in 5 years. If
something is temporary, it is the current setup of the social web.

So, instead of fighting endless wars around who holds the candle of truth,
we should spend our energy at what we do best - loving each other, sharing
our stories in whatever way is possible, and support all who serve - whether
they serve by using industry solutions or by expanding the borders by
co-producing new open standards.

By the way - one of the most exciting current projects in open collaboration
- http://www.echologic.org -, a bunch of radicals who are redefining the way
large groups can collaborate in real time and asynchronously, have decided
to base their work on a new industry standard - Google Wave.