AW: Facilitation disasters - your stories please

Catherine Pfaehler c.pfaehler at bluewin.ch
Sun Nov 15 14:46:10 PST 2009

I haven't had an experience as extreme as this one, but we once planned an
OS event for a day without the chair person in charge of the budget in the
planning group. Since only 20 people announced their interest, she then
decided to postpone the event and take part in the planning group, which was
the beginning of a wonderful collaboration. Since then, I insist on having
the person responsible for the money in the planning group.

I admire your courage to walk out. I'm not sure if I would have had the guts
to do that. I would probably have had an argument with that person stating
that the key to OS was passion and responsibility - would she perhaps be
willing to try it out and see what happens? But then, in front of everybody,
this might have been too difficult, she could have lost her face... Phew...

Heartfully, C.

Catherine Pfaehler Senn
lic.oec.HSG
Open Space Begleitung