Collective Wisdom

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.org
Mon Nov 9 08:29:20 PST 2009

Dear Brendan, dear Nigel,
generally, I am also for "longer" sessions...in the os I facilitate only
the starting times for the break-out sessions are given and in the
introduction I point out that the sessions will be as long as needed,
so, if 20 minutes or 25 minutes are not enough, keep on going (got to
arrange yourself with another group that might want to use your break
out space but that always selforganizes nicely)...
on the other hand, I think its nice to have not only two choices but at
least three, and if the overall time is just 3 hours one of the
consequences is that the beginning times are closer to each other than
in, lets say, a one-day affair...
also, with 100 participants you can easily have 34 issuse which, having
2 starting times, would mean 17 break-out spaces, with 3 times its still
a lot, but reduces 11 or 12...
I know you will have fun!
Thinking on who else might be at the OST part at the end of the
conference, this, however,  depending entirely on the Theme chosen for
that part... auditing students, people teaching that stuff, folks that
produce software in this field, contributors to professional journals...

See you all in Berlin  next year
mmp

--
Michael M Pannwitz, boscop eg
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
mmpanne at boscop.org
www.boscop.org

Check out the Open Space World Map presently showing 461 resident Open
Space Workers in 72 countries working in a total of 140 countries worldwide
Have a look:
www.openspaceworldmap.org