Bullying and OST

Rose Tassone rosetassone at iinet.net.au
Sun Nov 8 15:36:14 PST 2009

Thank you kindly - To all the people who commented, for the very helpful
questions posed and the number of useful suggestions that were made. All
your responses are going to help me stay busy in unpacking what preparation
is required prior to facilitating OS, the impact of psychosocial and
developmental stages on individuals and group dynamics, the principal's and
teachers' input and in particular my part in all of this.

To begin with, I can now see in hindsight that I was way too ambitious in
what the participants were capable of and the principal really wanted to
believe that she was leading a community that did want to take
responsibility, so much so that the students were probably too
enthusiastically encouraged to accept the invitation.  The parents were
probably the true barometer of the community as they did not show a
significant interest and trust to turn up.  It seems that much more is
needed at the consulting and planning stage with all parties to determine
their interest, willingness and capacity to be part of creating a better
community prior to the OS event.

Regards

Rose Tassone