Open Space on Open Space - San Francisco, January 15-17

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.org
Thu Nov 5 11:02:46 PST 2009

Dear Lisa,
OSonOSes are not trainings, right.

At the OSonOS in Paris a few days ago (it was called the First European
Open Space Learning Exchange) I had the impression that most of the 34
participants had not experienced an open space before.
What diversity! What questions! What learning for me as "an old hand"!

Now memories come to me of occasions at the various Learning Exchanges
that took place for german speaking folks from Germany, Austria and
Switzerland where diversity spread to partners (always wanted to find
out what my partner is doing), parents (whats this stuff my kid is
involved in), sponsors (I understand you are inviting them explicitly,
too) and even a dog who was, as I remember, very curious.

And I also remember an incident in Monterey at a WOSonOS (1998) as a
group of participants unfamiliar to OST cheerily left a session on the
first day where a colleague had gladly answered questions remarking
"Thank you folks, we now know how this stuff works, see you around!"
Very heated, violent, passionate and fruitful discussion after the
"pirates" had left.

At the same time, I encourage experienced folks to go to a training
again especially when there are such grand colleagues involved as in the
trainings you mention...

See you in Berlin next May
mmp

--
Michael M Pannwitz, boscop eg
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
mmpanne at boscop.org
www.boscop.org

Check out the Open Space World Map presently showing 459 resident Open
Space Workers in 72 countries working in a total of 140 countries worldwide
Have a look:
www.openspaceworldmap.org