on contraction and embracing shadow

Tree Fitzpatrick therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 16:43:21 PST 2009

I am disappointed that Kaliya seems to have been hounded with putative
non-violent communication.

I am disappointed that some of the people I personally know who are active
participants on this oslist do not feel it is safe or, maybe, loving to
share their negative experiences with their interactions with Michael Herman
and his private website, openspaceworld.org.

So, setting side the issue of website presence and voicing specific
experiences with the persons involved, I put a question to this list.

Do you, when working with client organizations, especially when such
organizations are facing upheaval and conflict, hold space for dissonant
voices?  Do you nurture conversations about shadow or do you suppress them?

I ask because many comments on this list seem to suggest that suppressing
shadow is a good thing for open space.

Is it?

--
Love rays,
Tree Fitzpatrick  (check out my new address)

. . . the great and incalculable grace of love, which says, with Augustine,
"I want you to be," without being able to give any particular reason for
such supreme and unsurpassable affirmation.  -- Hannah Arendt

2175 Kittredge St Apt 615
Berkeley, CA 94704
510-665-4825