Community Tech Design List

Kaliya * identitywoman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 13:28:19 PST 2009

I think this dialogue has been productive and made some things clearer for
the whole community.

1) Micheal is the guy in charge of the openspaceworld.org/.net site and
doesn't want to adapt/open up to new tools on that domain.

2) There is a desire to have better site that reflects the method and world
community - that our clients would see when the google OST.

3) There are new tools not available 10 years ago and ways to collaborate
together to put up and collectively manage.

4) Not everyone on the OST list wants to hear about all this or be involve
din helping shape the future of our online community life.

I have crated a mailing list for those of us on this list who want to
consider:

1) putting up a mainstream wiki for sharing information about open sapce
2) getting a multi-user blog up to allow people in the community to blog
3) figuring out how to aggregate blogs already existing in the community
4) communiticate via the front page about the method - so it looks good for
clients.
5) Have a listing of facilitators with location and specialities
6) Thinkinga bout strategy for OpenSpace across existing social
networks/tools (facebook, ning, twitter)
7) Listing events using open space and for practitioners of open space
8) Working on an SEO strategy to be the top listing in google.

It is open - on google groups - join if you want to be part of the dialogue
http://groups.google.com/group/ost-tech

I have two domain names (bought under an account that I created for the Open
Space Institute (cause it is not about me and I don't "own them"))

http://www.openspacetechnology.org
and  http://www.openspacetech.com

We will not just work on the choices of how we do the above and potentially
other things we will figure out how we collectively mange them over time.

-Kaliya