Collective Wisdom

NigelSeys-Phillips nigel at fulcrum.com.sg
Mon Nov 9 03:16:47 PST 2009

I have enjoyed, for several years now, the astonishing collective wisdom and
open sharing of thoughts and ideas on OS LIST and I commend each and every
one of the generous contributors for their time and input.

What I have found most helpful is thoughts on designing particular events
where somebody has 'got themselves into...' - so it's my turn to ask!

I have been asked, positively I am delighted to say, to run  a 3 hour OS
workshop for the final afternoon of a two day conference (totally
traditionally run prior to that with multiple daily sessions led from the
lectern) entitled "5th Annual Internal Audit and Risk Management Conference
- Bracing for an efficiency revolution within Internal Audit to achieve
value at lower cost"

This may not be the "traditional" audience for OS but I think it is an
exciting and interesting opportunity in today's business world where
communication is ever harder to achieve and where cultural issues are so
important in gaining 'compliance' - and I am sure I don't have to offer
anybody any examples on what happens when that bit goes slightly awry.

My question (assuming there are somewhere between 50 - 100 people attending)
-

How would you structure such a short event?

Clearly not a lecture.a hands-on experience is called for presumably
addressing some of the potential learnings of the previous day and a half
and how they might take them back to make a real difference?

I would certainly appreciate the wit and wisdom of OS LIST in helping me
form a plan..any thoughts you might have would be welcomed and gratefully
received.

All the best from the tropics..hot and wet in Singapore still!

Nigel

Nigel Seys-Phillips

Fulcrum Business Management Solutions

30 Mount Elizabeth

#13-32 Highpoint

Singapore 228519

Tel: +65 9639 2510

E-mail:  <mailto:nigel at fulcrum.com.sg> nigel at fulcrum.com.sg

www.fulcrum.com.sg

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This communication contains information which is confidential and may also
be priveleged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If
you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any distribution,
copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please notify
us by return e-mail and then delete the e-mail and any copies of it.

Warning - Although Fulcrum has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no
viruses are present in this e-mail, we cannot accept responsibility for any
loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or its attachments.