Begining in OS

Cliodhna Mulhern cliodhna at flowstone.org.uk
Thu May 7 02:25:35 PDT 2009

Lisap
I am not sure where this started but I love this thread...it reminds
me that that i have finally and at last (after a struggle) espoused
the value  that the more of us there are opening space and working
affirmatively the better for everyone...including each of us...

I honour the wisdom and generosity you bring to our listserv...your
wisdom is the wisdom of the natural world where we are learning that
collaboration is more sustainable than competition...

The most powerful  powerful piece of work I have been part of happened
recently when I asked the client system to provide four of their
people (self-selected)  to be my co-facilitators for a piece of work
that was to last 6 months...these learner co-facilitators supported me
in our first large scale event...several events and workshops later we
were bringing the work to a close with a  the final event. By this
time  I was in a support role to them as event facilitators...when I
left the venue at the end of the day they hardly noticed me
leaving...because they were completely in their own power...no longer
needing me...

They email me with updates on the progress of their task...the renewal
of a deprived housing estate in the North of England...the impact of
the work we did together is reverberating across the system...the
changes for and by local people living on that estate are huge...the
pace of change rapid...the energy still high...I am sure all this is
the case because of sharing our practice in this way...

So my experience is that collaboration, to share is more generative
and more sustaining for everyone...Cliodhna