Lisa's vision to train citizens to facilitate dialogue

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Wed May 27 15:50:10 PDT 2009

Hi, folks -
By now, several of you may be visiting and voting on good ideas at the
website the Obama administration has set up for citizen ideas about
participatory government, engagement and collaboration.
Our own Christine Whitney Sanchez has posted a great idea (in
collaboration with Juanita Brown, Nancy Margulies and other World Cafe
community folks).

Well, as those of you who know me would know, I feel that majority
vote is not always an indication about bright ideas because a single
person with a great idea can shift the world.

And: I added my recommendation and vision to this website so now,
ironically, I invite you to vote on it - if you, too, wish to share
this vision.
And do let folks in your networks know of this website and voting
period (ending very soon) if they, too, would wish to vote.

Take a look at
http://opengov.ideascale.com/akira/dtd/3325-4049

You can vote on a number of different great ideas at this website -
and construct your own. Really an interesting experience,

Lisa

PS: It does not say you have to be a US citizen to vote on this
website, does it? If not, people who live anywhere in the world could
vote for any idea they think could improve America and Americans,
fellow citizens in the world...

Lisa Heft
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
Opening Space