law and Open Space

Peggy Holman peggy at opencirclecompany.com
Sat May 9 22:55:16 PDT 2009

Michael,

I did an OS with a law firm a few years ago.  It included all of the
support staff and none of the attorneys.  It was a productive,
successful meeting for them.  The main thing I'd say is that we were a
strange cultural mix.  They never really felt that comfortable with
me, but they sure liked the experience.  As an example of the cultural
challenge, I often suggest a few minutes of silence when a group gets
together at the end of the day or on the second morning.  This is one
of the few groups that made it clear that this didn't work for them.
It just made them uncomfortable.  So, after trying it once, we simply
got on to talking about the day.

Peggy

______________________________
Peggy Holman
The Open Circle Company
15347 SE 49th Place
Bellevue, WA  98006
425-746-6274
www.opencirclecompany.com

For the new edition of The Change Handbook, go to:
www.bkconnection.com/ChangeHandbook

"An angel told me that the only way to step into the fire and not get
burnt, is to become
the fire".
   -- Drew Dellinger