Begining in OS

David Vachell david.vachell at BTCONNECT.COM
Tue May 5 04:37:47 PDT 2009

Dear OSLISTers

I have been interested in OS for ages now. I read Harrison's book and was
enthralled and immediately went out looking for opportunities to put the
wisdom into practice. I managed to open a couple of spaces when I worked
for a large UK telecomms company but struggled to get others as enthused
as myself about the power and potential of OS to create the shifts they
said they wanted - I suspect something about the threat to political power
and status.

I am now working as a consultant helping organisations to create systemic
success and I would dearly like to use OS more comprehensively in this
work. In order to do this with 'real' clients I feel that I need to move
beyond the status of a 'gifted amateur'. I have "lurked on this list for a
few years but haven't posted before - so here's my question to all you
experienced OSers.

What suggestions would you make for me to move forward? I would be happy
to work with others to gain experience. I am based in the UK (Thames
Valley area) and would happily operate anywhere in the English speaking
world.

Many thanks for any ideas

David