Real Time Virtual Collaboration Workshop - in 5 days!

Holger Nauheimer (Change Facilitation) holger at CHANGE-FACILITATION.ORG
Mon May 4 09:32:39 PDT 2009

A team of 8 dedicated people have worked hard over the last 2 months (and is
still working on the last details) to make our vision come true: A playful,
experimental and experiental virtual workshop using all kinds of tools that
are out there on the Web, including chat rooms, voice/telephone conferences,
twitter, facebook, wikis, etc. ... Come from abundance and propose your
favorite online tools, in a workshop in which the Open Space principles
apply twofold:
1) The choice of your topic you want to explore / your passion
2) The choice of the tool you want to use.

We are aware that this imposes a high level of complexity to participants
but we are confident that it will expand the boundaries of what we have
experienced in collaborative approaches so far.

More information:

May 9, 2009, 14.00-17.00 GMT

Theme:

What tools and principles do we need to help change to unfold?
Social and technological development as means for
better organizations, and a better world.

Background:

The development of the World Wide Web as a tool for global connectivity has
given rise to a participatory culture, opening new possibilities for
communication and collaboration to effect and facilitate change.

There are plenty of examples that show the ease with which people actually
link up with each other and coordinate complex projects as well as social
and political change, including the wikipedia, coordination of aid efforts
after natural disasters such as fires, and earthquakes through twitter or
tools such as http://www.ushahidi.com/, but also recent events such as the
"Moldava Twitter Revolution".

These tools, also called social media, are complementing an already existing
large toolbox of methods for facilitation of whole systems change such as
Open Space Technology, Appreciative Inquiry, Theory U, just to name a few.
All these tools are means to an end, which is to change organizations,
societies, or communities.

The conference will discuss how the different tools available can be used to
foster collaboration that goes beyond mere sharing of information to create
action. How can we combine social media tools with real time facilitation to
address the essential questions and challenges arising in organizational and
social change? Which tools support which kind of collaboration needs? What
are the underlying principles that need to be observed to ensure that
collaboration effects change?

Please register at
http://www.change-management-toolbook.com/course/view.php?id=115

and don't be worried about the dead links that are still on this site - they
will all be fixed until Wednesday evening.