Help!

Viv McWaters viv at thereef.com.au
Tue Mar 31 13:38:08 PDT 2009

Wow! Chris this is really pushing me to think - there must be a way to
push the boundaries of technology here ;-)

Is there wireless technology available? Can there be a laptop on every
table? Could you then do a live/virtual opening in person and
on-screen using dimdim or some other 'virtual' meeting software? And
if each laptop was also connected to a writing pad, could the agenda
be created on the screen, hand-written and then shared on a google
doc? I'm brainstorming here, as you can see. I reckon you need to find
someone who a techo whiz AND knows open space. Johnnie maybe?

It's the 500+ people that does my head in!

Could you have a mini agenda setting on each table? Would love to
skype about this one.

Cheers

Viv

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 6:38 AM, Chris Corrigan <chris at chriscorrigan.com> wrote:
> I've been at this a long time now, but I've run up against a situation like
> this.  I'm stumped and looking for help.
>
> I;ll be opening space for a gethering of 500+ people.  The client is
> completely unwilling to set the room in a circle.  Instead, we will have 96
> tables with 6 chairs at each table packed into a spacious but full ball room
> facing a stage.  The walls of this room are incredible...they appear to be
> actually stuffed with cotton and covered in fabric.  There is little hope of
> putting anything on the walls.
>
> On the plus side we will have lots of AV, so there is a goodly amount of
> technology available to play with for agenda setting and huge screen
> projection.
>
> I'm worried on a number of levels as you can imagine, but at the moment I'm
> trying to put that all aside and figure out, in this worst case scenario,
> what is the best thing we could do to Open Space?  Anyone been faced with
> similar constraints?  Help me out here...
>
> All tips and support I get on this, I'll roll up into a little document on
> "what to do when nothing is what you need it to be" and we can share it out.
>
> OSLIST group mind...activate!
>
> Chris
>
> --
> CHRIS CORRIGAN
> Facilitation - Training - Process Design
> Open Space Technology
>
> Weblog: http://www.chriscorrigan.com/parkinglot
> Site: http://www.chriscorrigan.com
>
> Principal, Harvest Moon Consultants, Ltd.
> http://www.harvestmoonconsultants.com
> unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of
> oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:

Viv McWaters
Beyond the Edge Pty Ltd
PO Box 665 Torquay Victoria 3228