sad news

Peggy Holman peggy at opencirclecompany.com
Fri Mar 6 15:15:54 PST 2009

Dear Raffi,

My heart is with you and your brother's family.  I offer you a poem
that someone gave me when my mother died.  I know it can't fill the
hole but I hope you and the rest of Serge's family find comfort in it.

with love,
Peggy

  GIVE WHAT'S LEFT OF ME AWAY

When I die
Remember me with a smile and laughter.
If thoughts of me provoke no love,
Only sadness and tears,
I ask that I be soon forgotten.

Give what's left of me away
To children and old men who wait to die.
And if you must cry, cry for your brother
Who walks in grief beside you.
And when you need me,
Put your arms around anyone,
And give them what you need to give me.

I want to leave you something.
Something better than words or sounds.
Look for me in the people I've known or loved,
Or helped in some special way.
And if you cannot give me away,
Let me live in your eyes for awhile,
As well as in your mind.

You can love me most
By letting love live
Within the circle of your arms
Embracing the frightened ones.

Love doesn't die, people do.
So when all that's left of me is love,
Give me away.

             -- Jack Link

______________________________
Peggy Holman
The Open Circle Company
15347 SE 49th Place
Bellevue, WA  98006
425-746-6274
www.opencirclecompany.com

For the new edition of The Change Handbook, go to:
www.bkconnection.com/ChangeHandbook

"An angel told me that the only way to step into the fire and not get
burnt, is to become
the fire".
   -- Drew Dellinger