Open Space learning opportunities at in Halifax and Victoria this spring

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Fri Mar 27 18:47:35 PDT 2009

Hello friends:
Over the past couple of years I have been involved with the Shambhala
Institute for Authentic Leadership as a friend, thinking partner and faculty
member.  Shambhala has run an annual summer institute on authentic
leadership in Halifax Nova Scotia for a number of years which has brought
together many people familiar to our community of Open Space practitioners
including Harrison, Meg Wheatley, Glenda Eoyang, Toke Moeller and Monica
Nissen, Adam Kahane, Juanita Brown and Otto Scharmer to teach modules in an
inspiring multi-day retreat supporting authentic leadership in action.

This year,the institutes are running under the banner of Authentic
Leadership in Action (ALIA) and there are institutes happening in Victoria
May 19-22 (ALIA
West<http://www.aliainstitute.org/programs/2009west/home.html> )
and Halifax June
21-27<http://www.aliainstitute.org/programs/2009summer/home.html>  .
 One focus of ALIA West in May will be Peter Block's recent work on
community and Peter will be joining us both as a speaker and as a
collaborator on a module I am offering with my colleague Jennifer
Charlesworth called "Hosting Artful Collaborations Across Communities and
Agencies" in which we will examine the qualities of hosting and facilitating
Open Space and other methodologies and how those apply to creating
collaboration within communities to foster a restorative approach to
community life.

In Halifax, Open Space will figure prominently in a module I am leading with
Tim Merry and Monica Nissen, two very experienced OST practitioners as we
look at The Art of Hosting Conversations and Collaborations Across
Generations.

While these offerings aren't Open Space trainings per se, within our modules
we explore and use Open Space as an important process for convening
conversations that matter. Furthermore the gatherings themselves are
informed and enlivened by many, many people from around the world who are
using Open Space to do transformative work in organizations and communities.
 Indeed, my own first impression of this community of learning was of
finding myself at home among the extended family.

If you don't know about these institutes, I urge you to consider the
invitations and forward them to others who may find them timely offerings.

Cheers,

Chris

--
CHRIS CORRIGAN
Facilitation - Training - Process Design

Site: http://www.chriscorrigan.com

Principal, Harvest Moon Consultants, Ltd.