SPAM-LOW: Being a News desk control freak, or not?

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Wed Jun 24 15:35:49 PDT 2009

Matilda -- How did I miss Matilda? My most favorite aerialist! When you sign
on for a "techie" job, I guess there are expectations. And -- when
everything falls apart -- self-organization will instantly follow. Or not.
You have two ways to go here. Take it all on your shoulders -- it may well
kill you -- OR let it all go and invite the folks to figure a way to capture
their wisdom. After all it is THEIR wisdom! And presumably they care about
it! I've opted for the latter in most circumstances. At one gathering with
"big computer" folks who should have had had it all together. They didn't.
The looked at me. I said -- It is your passion / your responsibility -- what
are you going to do? They figured it out.

They felt massively better (they had redeemed themselves!). I felt better
because I didn't have a clue what to do.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
189 Beaucaire Ave
Camden, ME 04843
207-763-3261 (Summer)
301-365-2093 (Winter)
Website www.openspaceworld.com
Personal Website www.ho-image.com
OSLIST To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options