christopher (was helping the whole)

douglas germann 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Sun Jun 14 16:11:26 PDT 2009

Raffi--

You are lucky you have a library which has it. I am lucky I have a
friend who has loaned it to me.

Alexander does speak of the spiritual several places, but he plays it
really low key.

Another interesting twist is that he seems to want to show that there
can be a mathematics of life, a measurement of life (see his
appendices). I have been saying that what we are talking about in OS
cannot be measured, it must be experienced; Alexander would seem to be
saying, We might be able to measure it, here is some math that is
promising, although we are still in the very crude stages.

He definitely wants to get beyond Cartesian thinking.

Raffi, please share your favorite quotes as you read through this book.
Are you going to read all 4 volumes?

			:- Doug.