I guess RE: Open Space being badly defined

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Thu Jun 11 13:11:33 PDT 2009

Changing OST? I would be delighted if it simply disappeared. Or at least
disappeared as something we did. The reason is simple. The only way OST and
what happens in it make any sense to me is to understand the whole thing as
a fundamental application of the power of self organization. Needless to
say, I didn't invent self-organization as it seems to have been around well
before my time. Something like 13.7 billion years, more or less. In a word,
we are talking about the basic flow power of the cosmos. Somewhere along the
line we got the notion that it would be a good idea to organize a
self-organizing system. As I have said on occasion, this is not only an
oxymoron but stupid. If nothing else we are working twice as hard and only
screwing up the system. In Open Space, I think we have the opportunity to
see how it feels when we do it right. Eventually it should occur to us that
we don't need Open Space as a middle man. I would call that progress.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
189 Beaucaire Ave
Camden, ME 04843
207-763-3261 (Summer)
301-365-2093 (Winter)
Website www.openspaceworld.com
Personal Website www.ho-image.com
OSLIST To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options