Open Space being badly defined

Kaliya * identitywoman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 13:41:32 PDT 2009

So, In case you are all wondering about the online world....while you were
not looking some geeks decided to define things badly.

There is an entry about barcamps that claims they are an "open space" event
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=BarCamp&oldid=294721271#Structure_and_participatory_process

(I already edited to make it better...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BarCamp#Structure_and_participatory_process

and then links to this entry for "open space meeting"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-space_meeting

which was shocking to me - I actually think it should be deleted - which we
could propose.

Does anyone know where this "term" is coming from or where it is used?

Does this community have a plan for online engagement around usage of the
term and how it is not taken out of context and used poorly?

Has there been any conversation about changing the "name' to Open Space
Methodology? (I personaly can't use the words "OST" cause I work in tech and
well that creates confusion.  Open Space Method makes it clear it is a
"particular way of facilitating" more then the word "technology" does at
least in my mind...

-Kaliya