Stammtisch Istanbul

Jo Toepfer jotoepfer at boscop.org
Mon Jun 1 11:35:12 PDT 2009

- Message forwarded form Michael M Pannwitz -

Dear colleagues,

its actually happening. Tomorrow at 5pm an extraordinary stammtisch will
convene in Istanbul. In case you are here, join us! And should you know of
others that would enjoy coming to the stammtisch, tell them about it. Here
are the details:

KIVA HAN
Galata Kulesi Meydani NO: 4 Beyoğlu - Istanbul
Here you can have a look at it
> http://www.galatakivahan.com/

I have been here for four days, but it seems like a month... Istanbul is a
fabulous city. It feels like the prototype of a european metropolis.
Saturday night we went to a concert in a french church, the Istanbul
European Choir composed of 120 singers sang the "Messa di Requiem" of
Italian composer Gaetano Donizetti. The church was packed with 600 people
with many standing in the entrance. The ovations did not stop until the
choir repeated one part of the performance. Gökcen Koray from Bulgaria
conducted the choir. Knud, a danish member of the choir might join us at the
stammtisch... together with Funda Oral and Günay Abbasova (she kindly typed
the e-mail) and me will definitely be there.

Greetings from Istanbul
mmp