[Fwd: [NCDD-DISCUSSION] Mayor's Summit Success (smashing, really)]

douglas germann 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Tue Jun 2 19:25:11 PDT 2009

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Kai Degner, CMC <kai at WEWORKITOUT.ORG>
To: NCDD-DISCUSSION at LISTS.THATAWAY.ORG
Subject: [NCDD-DISCUSSION] Mayor's Summit Success (smashing, really)
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 13:55:23 -0400

Greetings-

I wrote a month ago about having recently been elected mayor on a
process-based platform and planning an Open Space "Mayor's
Sustainability Summit".  Your emails were motivating and encouraging -
and I hope yesterday's successful summit is further motivation for us
all!

TV COVERAGE (notice the
OrangeBands!): http://www.harrisonburgsummits.com/2009/05/tv-coverage-of-summit-whsv/

Stats: 7 Hours, 158ppl+, 120 orgs+, 34 sessions, 23 reports online in
blog (as of now)
Budget? $16 for orange fabric.  $14 for name tags.  Everything else
donated.

Innovation:
I created a blog, www.HarrisonburgSummits.com, that captured the
proceedings online throughout the day.  For simplicity, I used a Google
Form for people to enter their reports and for registration.  I had two
people take the reports from the Google Spreadsheet and enter them into
Wordpress blog posts throughout the day (easy).  The schedule was posted
online immediately, and the session titles became links to the reports
(see the schedule grid at www.HarrisonburgSummits.com).  Because
everything is in spreadsheet format, I can now easily use a mail merge
in Word to create a nicely-formatted PDF summit report, complete with
contact information for all attendees - and have the report stay "alive"
on the blog.

Thanks for all you're doing - and for the inspiration and community!

Kai

--
Kai Degner

Free Listening Quotes at www.Twitter.com/Listening101

Kai at WeWorkItOut.org | 540-434-0059
Director of Organization Communication
Community Mediation Center | www.WeWorkItOut.org

facilitator (n) - someone who makes progress easier

Bluestone Group (n) - facilitators for businesses and organizations in
the Shenandoah Valley and beyond - www.BluestoneGroup.org

Listening 101 - Transform your listening at work and in life -
www.listening101.com

---

NCDD's discussion and announcement lists are generously provided by
L-Soft ( www.lsoft.com ) and are powered by L-Soft's LISTSERV mailing
list management software ( www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html ). Learn
more about NCDD's email lists in the community section of the NCDD
website ( www.thataway.org/community/lists/ ). Please read this mailing
list's rules ( www.thataway.org/community/listrules ) before you post.