The joy of 10 years passion for OpenSpace-Online Real-Time Collaboration

Christine Whitney Sanchez cwhitneysanchez at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 15:03:02 PDT 2009

Can we clink and dance at the same time?  Here's to you and your
fabulous team, Gabriela! Congratulations.

Christine

Christine Whitney Sanchez
Collaborative Wisdom & Strategy
480.759.0262
www.christinewhitneysanchez.com
Skype: christinewhitneysanchez
http://www.facebook.com/ChristineWhitneySanchez

On Jul 20, 2009, at 2:14 PM, Gabriela Ender wrote:

Dear Harrison and Open Space friends around the globe,

Today I would love to virtually clink glasses and toast with you on my
10th anniversary of constant pioneer work in enabling a complete
Do-it-yourself Open Space Real-Time Collaboration Internet Technology.
The day of birth of the OpenSpace-Online® Concept, my deep flash of
inspiration, was on July-17, 1999.

** Cheers ** Prosit ** Salute ** to all of you, who share this joy
with me :-)

A few years ago I created a little "birthplace memory picture" just
for fun, please see here:
<http://www.OpenSpace-Online.com/vision_1999.jpg>. Last year, when I
was selected as a Ashoka Fellow 2008, the Ashoka team wrote and
published the following text about my work. Maybe some of you are
interested to read how Ashoka described the OpenSpace-Online story
last year, here it is: <http://www.ashoka.org/gender>

I am extremely grateful for those of you who have helped me in so many
wonderful ways to shape my visionary, often financially extreme hard,
sometimes very lonely, but always important and exciting future work.
My vision of a completely new technical dimension of Self-managed Open
Space Real-time Collaboration and Do-it-yourself Change Empowerment
for both, organizers and participants, was huge. In order to realize
this dream I had to step aside from my income as a change consultant
and change facilitator, but frankly even worse was to let go
facilitating face-to-face Open Space conferences and Open Space
trainings - stepping aside from seeing all the shining eyes and hearts
of the participants was the biggest "abdication". But the big momentum
of July-17, 1999 was so powerful, that I never had any doubts to do
the right thing.

An extra big Thank You to you, dear Harrison. I will never forget your
encouraging words and supporting energy when we sit together for a
long conversation in spring 2000!  It had filled my "battery" for
years :-). And also a big Thank You to many of you in both wonderful
communities, the Open Space and the Genuine Contact TM community.
Thanks a lot for all your support and recommendations in the past
years.

My team and I have several more wonderful reasons to celebrate this
summer. For example the launch of version 3.0 of the OpenSpace-Online®
Real-Time Collaboration Technology and the start of our new Corporate
Social Responsibility (CSR) program for educational institutions and
non-profit organizations for the worldwide support of "positive
change".

The delights over all this accomplishments are crowned by two new,
internationally very high-ranking prize nominations: the TECH AWARDS
2009, awarded by "The Tech Museum of Innovation, USA" and the
selection as the TECHNICAL PIONEER 2010 CANDITATE by the World
Economic Forum, Davos. The nomination alone for these very special
prizes represents extraordinary recognition and confirmation of our 10
years of pioneer work in enabling a completely new dimension of Global
Real-Time Collaboration.

If you are interested in further information and links about all this
news, I warmly invite you to read and spread our "newsletter" of today
as a PDF-file (download:
<www.OpenSpace-Online.com/news_en_07-2009.pdf>) and/or you can also
have a look into the news section at our website:
<www.OpenSpace-Online.com/en/news.php>

Thank you again and cheers ...

Warmly from Berlin,
Gabriela

OpenSpace-Online GmbH - The Power of People!
Winner of the "Top 10 World Changer 2006" Award
Resselsteig 30, 12209 Berlin, Germany
eMail: contact at OpenSpace-Online.com
website: http://www.OpenSpace-Online.com
phone: +49-(0)30-772 31 69
fax: +49-(0)30-77 39 20 21
Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg HRB 75583
Founder & Managing Director: Gabriela Ender