The not so restricted form, somewhat past biannual, Poetry Contest - August 2009

Anne A Hiha anne_a_hiha at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 31 16:26:14 PDT 2009

Greetings one and all

Welcome to ‘open space in poetry on open space.’

It is time to select the next Poet Laureate.
So, it is 'Poetry Contest' time again.
Time again to stretch your glorious poetic muscles.
Time to weave your wonderful words.
Time again to revel in poetic abundance.
Time.

‘For all those who might be curious, the OSLIST Biannual Restricted Form Poetry Contest started in the spring of 2000 when I issued the challenge to the list.  Ralph Copleman actually began the whole thing with a contest in the fall of 1999 (which I won) and so he is the “Poetry King” for all time.  I just claimed the “Poet Laureate” title in an effort to have some fun.  It was something of a one martini idea, and I was out of gin at the time...’(Chris Corrigan)

‘As is our tradition, every 6 months or so we select our next Poet Laureate through this contest, and then they float up and hold space for poetry for about 6 months.  They invite poetry, and/or write poetry, and/or just hold s p a c e for poetry on our list.’  (Lisa Heft)

If anyone wishes to and nobody has to, post your original poem on open space to the OSLIST, or send it to me at anne_a_hiha at hotmail.com by 12:00am, midnight on Monday, 17 August, 2009, New Zealand time.

In a little over 17 days, I will post all contributions received so all have the opportunity to select a new Poet Laureate for 2009, using the tried and true virtual sticky dots.

Regards

Anne A Hiha
Poet Laureate October 2008