Fwd: A transition effective, delightful, profound...

bill aal waal at toolsforchange.org
Mon Jan 19 13:40:04 PST 2009

Hi All
   These are exciting times!  I understand it from the outside Liz, you are
ahead of the curve, The Relocalization network is actually joining forces
with the Transition movement and encouraging the local Relocalization groups
to move towards a Transition framework.

   There is a Trainers Pool to support Transition already in motion, several
of us in the US attended a training for training for trainers session either
in San Francisco or in Totness (UK).  There is a an intention to try to have
some consistency in message and content to help grow this movement.  People
can request trainers through the Transition USA web site.  These trainings
consist of a two day workshop for those initiating Transition in their
communities. The idea is to empower people to do their own facilitation and
organizing to support the development of community resilience.

One intriguing aspect of the work of transition towns is the inclusion of
Heart and Soul work at
core and a bunch of us are thinking of creating a network of people who care
about these tools and approaches to support Transition.  Perhaps that might
be a place for us to plug in.

I look forward to working with you all and sharing our experience in working
toward transition.
Bill Aal

----Original Message-----	 some c t